Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In continuation....

Someone asked me a couple of days ago whether I still do a blog. It took me a few moments to think about that one. Do I? Considering that a blog is supposed to be a regular input online and that I have often scoffed at those who purport to blog and update theirs only about once a year, I have been most remiss indeed. But that is how life overtakes you when you least expect it to – you are there, minding your own business, and suddenly a crisis of sorts rolls over you and you are left wondering what happened, when, how, why and all the other questions you would have asked when you had the time and energy to ask.

Which is what has been sorely lacking with me for a while now. When there is time, the energy levels are too low for comfort and when there is great energy and gung-ho, I have things that have to be done NOW, leaving no time for that thing called a blog which I started some years ago with such enthusiasm. Problem is – or was – a bug that wormed itself into my system and refused to go away for way too long. It still pops in every other day to remind me what it was like to be visited full time by its exalted self. In simple language, I got a fever that developed into bronchitis and staggered about for a while before taking to my bed and feeling like I had been run over by a steamroller and had lost my legs and any volition to move more than one muscle at a time in the process. And I coughed my way sadly through the week…fortnight?...and more, feeling like there was something nasty in my chest (which there was) and wondering why it couldn’t just go away.

When I finally mustered up enough energy to get up and go - to wherever, from the gym to lunch with a friend to shopping for groceries to a business meeting – my time management had got up and gone. Deadlines were breathing heavily and hotly down my unsuspecting neck and those had to be dealt with before any frivolities like blogs and eyebrow grooming could be thought of. As I plucked out that elusive stray hair from just above my left brow and said a mean word as it hurt like the dickens (I did think of a ruder phrase, but this blogsphere is a family space), I decided that in all that needed to be left out for the time being, a blog would top that list. And it has. As always, I promise to be more regular, time, weather and adrenaline permitting, but who knows what Fate will throw at me next.

No comments: